SS19 Subsea Lever Hoist
ur subsea lever hoist, the SS19, has been designed and developed over a number of years for use primarily in subsea, offshore or corrosive environments. The unique design features - including the one piece construction pinion gears and our globally patented Quad Cam Pawl System, along with the superior anti-corrosion properties incorporated in this range, give it significant safety advantages over other lever hoists. This makes the SS19 subsea lever hoist the ideal tool for all marine and extreme applications.
It has been fully challenged and successful in the wide variety of extreme conditions it has been exposed to.
Developed initially with the goal of giving key stakeholders within the Oil and Gas Industry a hoist that could be certified for safe use subsea whilst meeting all the requirements of IMCA DO28 Rev. 2 “Guidance notes for offshore lever hoists”, the SS19 meets and exceeds these requirements, as well as other industry client specifications whilst conforming to standards such as BS EN 13157: 2004+A1:2009, ANSI/ASME B30.21-2005, AS1418.2 and SANS 1636. Tiger Hoists fitted with overload limiters comply fully with NORSOK R-002.
The SS19 includes our unique rotational inertia driven torsion switch brake and freewheeling system. This brake system was designed by our research and design team to counter known failure modes in commonly used and copied longitudinal “push-pull” mechanisms or traditional style “Weston” type brake systems used on alternative lever hoists which allow easy ingress of foreign particles into the mechanism that could affect hoist operation. This Tiger brake system is now a proven design with many thousands of hours of empirical evidence as proof of design and efficiency. This design removes the need for inefficient old-style longitudinal disengagement methods of pulling the brake system apart to facilitate freewheeling. This highly efficient method of operating is not only safer but easier for the operator whilst measurably increasing the brake take up efficiency rate.
With over 50 years of professional manufacturing experience, Tiger’s commitment to innovation and customer satisfaction mean we will continue to develop and improve our products by communicating and working with our customers. The SS19 range of lever hoists incorporates our latest developments and enhancements.
- Suitable for use in multi-immersion applications
- DNV GL Verification tested according to NORSOK R-002
- 800kg, 1.6t, 3.2t, 6.3t, 8.0t, 10.0t, 15.0t and 20.0t capacities available
- Equipped with our unique intelligent dual brake system:
- Globally patent protected Quad Cam pawl and ratchet design
- Unique load sensing torsion brake
- Thousands of hours of empirical evidence as proof of design
- DU® self-lubricating metal polymer bearings
- Phosphor bronze bearings
- One-piece construction pinion gear
- Meets and exceeds IMCA DO28 Rev 2 guidance notes for offshore lever hoists
- Light load protection at 2% of the rated capacity
- Adaptable to use both inverted and horizontally
- Full face gasket provides brake chamber protection from outside contamination
- Fully Corrosion protected body and components to ensure reliable long-term use
- Over 1500 hours protection to ASTM B117 conditions
- Adjustable chain end anchorage specifically designed to the contours of the hoist
- Available with slipping clutch overload protection
Environmental Testing and Multi-Immersion:
Tiger Lifting commissioned ORE Catapult (a leading, independent, cross-disciplined research and development organisation) to carry out a series of saltwater multi-immersion tests on Tiger Lifting’s subsea lifting hoists. These tests evaluated how several Tiger SS11 subsea lever hoists stood up to a pre-determined multi-immersion trial (defined in test scope document 2015/11646), specifically designed to replicate real life subsea lifting scenarios. The successful results of this programme of tests are documented and now form part of the product technical files.
Following on from the learnings of the successful test regime above and with the subsequent years’ empirical evidence of SS11 hoists used in the field, the SS19 model lever hoists were produced with several upgrades to the corrosion protection and internal components to further improve and enhance the performance of the Subsea hoist, including a new paint coating to ISO 12944 C5M and some key internal upgrades. These hoists have been suitably verified for a 54 day multi-immersion period.
The successful completion of this comprehensive series of tests and product development as detailed above, forms the collective evidence that allows Tiger to state that the SS19 range of hoists are fit for use in multi-immersion applications providing the timescales, pre-use testing, maintenance and service requirements as detailed in Tiger document Multi-Immersion Instruction Manual are strictly followed.
We have also carried out intensive internal testing on components to ensure we achieved over 1500 hours protection to ASTM B117 conditions. This ensures the performance of the SS19 has been fully challenged in natural environments similar to the conditions it will be exposed to.
Each unit comes fully certified with a test certificate or an EC Declaration of Conformity stating compliance with the essential health and safety requirements of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. This document clearly states the proof test at 1.5 times the rated capacity and the light load test of 2% of the rated capacity, which exceeds the requirements of the current applicable standard.
The SS19 lever hoist has undergone a full test program that includes:
- Ultimate strength test, at least 4 times the Working load limit (WLL)
- Chain end anchorage test, passing at least 4 times the WLL without any restriction of the brake or gears
Test on every hoist
- Proof loading at 1.5 times the rated capacity
- Light load testing at maximum of 2% rated capacity